Happy 1st Day of Autumn!
It's officially the beginning of autumn today, even though so many of us have been preparing for weeks now! My family went to the city Farmer's Market on Saturday and got several pumpkins to put in the house and enjoy! I put several tiny ones in this old sewing drawer, and added a vintage handkerchief, skeleton key, and vintage leaf pin that I got at the Junk Bonanza :). (Still needs some bittersweet or somethin', but it's a cute, compact little arrangement & I like it!)
Melissa over at The Inspired Room is having a fall linky party going on, so I thought I'd join in!
- there is a crispness in the air
- pumpkin & apple picking (cider mills if you're lucky!)
- s'mores and roasted marshmallows around the bonfire
- jumping in leaf piles
- collecting pinecones, acorns, and pretty leaves
- cute new fall clothes
- snuggling under a cozy blanket
- eating your kids' Halloween candy
- large family meals
- caramel apples (w/nuts)
- rich fall colors
- lighting the 1st fire of the season
- warm apple cider in a pretty glass mug
- switching to flannel sheets
- comfort foods are truly comforting
- getting to put on my favorite pair of jeans
- nature walks as a family
- burning my Yankee Home Sweet Home candle
- old movie nights
- fall feels like a fresh start, full of wondrous things to come!
Well, there's just a few of the wonderful things about Autumn!
What is your favorite thing about fall??? Leave a little comment and let us know! :)