Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"Hello, My Name Is Stacey....

....And I'm A Moron."

Do they have help groups for this?
If so, sign me up!
I'm doing an intervention on myself!! :)

Remember when I was hurrying and not paying attention and did this:

Yup, sewed my own finger (which has healed quite nicely, thank you)
while making these bedskirts for my daughters:


Well, I've done it again.

(Nope, all of my fingers and toes are safe and sound.)

This time, I've hurt my house!

I got a call the other day that someone wanted to show our house.
Yippee!!!

You see this thing below?
It's my daughter's bathroom shower curtain.


Isn't it all cute and stripey and cheerful?

Now, this shower curtain is attached to a spring-loaded rod.

Did you know that this rod also has another use?

It can hold clothes and towels that are air drying.



But did you also know that if you are feeling sorry for yourself because you think that no one wants to see your house and buy it, and you don't do your daily checklist for getting the house in order,
that THAT is the exact time that someone will want to see it?!!

And that you will rush around,
and just GRAB those clothes off of the shower rod?

And that THE ROD WILL FALL OFF
and DO THIS:


It will take a nice big chunky CHIP out of the tub.

And now you have to call and pay for some kind of tub repair person to fix your dumb mistake.


Seriously, people.
*sigh*
You would have thought I had learned to slow down and pay attention after I had
"The Sewing My Finger Incident".
But it seems that I am hard-headed and don't learn very well!! :)

Now I am definitely going to:
1. Be prepared. (Good motto. They should really teach that to kids...;)
2. Take a breath and get things done in a timely manner.
3. Pay attention to what I'm doing.

Otherwise, I may drive us into debt with medical and home repair bills!!! LOL!!



Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to call a tub repair person and then eat some ice cream.
Ice cream makes everything better, doesn't it?!!

19 comments:

shaka said...

Ah oh no! At least your limbs are safe haha

Rae said...

Oh. My. Gracious. You poor thing. Good luck with the repair!

Still Learning said...

Hi Stacey, first... don't panic. The drywall repair should not cost you hardly anything and if you call a general contractor/handyman place they will do both repairs to you play less overall. My hubby does home renovating and repairs and it shouldn't be too bad.
You poor thing, selling a home is so stressful.

Decor To Adore said...

Perhaps put a little chocolate sauce on the ice cream too. You deserve it.

Kim said...

Oh Stacey - don't be so hard on yourself. You have alot on your plate right now. Definitely go have some chocolate girl.

Shanda said...

Add a little caramel too...caramel makes everything just a little more cheery!

I'm sure your adorable house will sell very soon!

In a sad way, it may be helping those of us who are craft and decoratively challenged feel better about not being as amazing as you always are!

Amber B. said...

You are cracking up. I do that kind of stuff all of the time. My hubby isn't even surprised anymore.

Shilo said...

Oh you poor dear! I'm so sorry that happened! You're still lovely and graceful...don't get yourself all frazzled (that's what I always do!). :) Hugs!

Sit A Spell said...

Oh no...bless your heart...that is something that would happen to me. How frustrating for you. I hear what you are saying though and I agree.

Yes...pass the icecream!

{darlene} said...

haha. get out that ice cream!

there are simply not enough hours in the day.... and selling your house. phew. that makes it worse!!!

Jenny said...

Only chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream!!

Nora said...

So sorry about all your mishaps. Praying things start looking up for you!

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Oh no! I'm sorry! I'm glad it was an object and not bodily harm to you this time though!
~Michelle

SoBella Creations said...

Yikes! At least it can be repaired.

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Oh no!!

~ Sarah

southerninspiration said...

hope you added chocolate!!!

Suzanne
sorry to hear of your mishaps....hopefully your house will sell quickly!

Angie said...

Oh my gosh, Stacey..ya got to be careful, girl! Lol. By the way..that is a totally cute shower curtain..heehee!

Unknown said...

Hi Stacey! Get some patchwork mud or spackle, some sand paper or a sander, spatula , primer and paint. You can do it... GET R DONE! lol. mishelle ps. i thought you were going to show a picture of your wet bras hanging up . lol.

Rachel said...

Well I didn't know you could take a big chunk out of a tub like that but it sounds better than sewing through your finger!

I know just how you feel, lately I haven't even looked at a persons face to say 'hello' I'm in too big of a hurry. Thanks for the reminder to slow down :o)

Hang in there!!
~Rachel