Friday, May 1, 2009

Birdcage, Industrial Style!

I love to go to flea markets and fun antiques shops! And, I'll admit, I also "dumpster dive" or nab "curbside castoffs" from time to time! Any junker worth her stuff will do what is necessary to get the good junk!!

One of the things that I find when out flea-ing are these old industrial light covers. They would cover a lightbulb to protect it from breakage. Well, I am drawn to these little guys for several reasons.....neutral color, great form and lines, and fun stuff you can do with them!!


Like turn one into a "birdcage"!! That's what they remind me of sometimes! :)
I have this cutie-patootie on my sunroom "potting bench".
Isn't this fun??!!!


Don't you just wish you had one too?!! :)

18 comments:

Stacey said...

Yes! I think that's a great idea.

Dawn said...

That birdcage with the little birdie on top is stinking cute!!!

Hugs from Eventually Cottage!

Natalie Meester said...

How clever! and YES I wish I had one!

Shannon said...

That is so cute! I love that idea!

Also, your chair makeover was great!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh That is a cute idea! Love the vignette! Nancy

Steph said...

Yes I had one too. The way you use them is super cute.

Shell in your Pocket said...

I would!
sandy toe

Melissa Marie said...

Very clever! So cute! :)

savvycityfarmer said...

I must own that!

Unknown said...

how cool...I guess I never knew the story behind those little "wire thingees". I'll keep my eye out for them now and YES....I DO want one...LOL!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Cute!!! Love that grouping. :)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I absolutely DO wish that I had one (or more!) of these for myself! So cute!!
Carrie

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Adorable! Great repurpose, Stacey!

Angie said...

LOVE it! Of course, I love anything to do with birds and cages.... Have you had any nibbles on the house yet? Tough time to sell....huh! Wishing you guys luck though for sure!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I have never seen those! Now, watch, I'm sure I'll notice them everywhere now. I hope I do because I love how you made it look like a birdcage.

Barbara Jean said...

Great idea!
Yes, I do wish i had one. =0))

Glad I found you.
Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Stacey, what a great way to use the light cages. I want to find some now.

Melissa Lester said...

That is so cute! I would not have known what that was. I will have to keep my eye out for those. That looks like an affordable option that could be used in many ways. Love it!