10 Random Things About ME!!!:
- I am more than a little like the character Sally in "When Harry Met Sally...". I have food "things". I think I'm the only person out there who found nothing out of the ordinary with Sally's pie requests. A girl wants what she wants! I've gotten over food touching, unless it has a sauce or runny substance that could "contaminate" the other food nearby. Such as: syrup from pancakes running onto my scrambled eggs, or steak juice tainting mashed potatoes. Eww. Also, I hate the taste of anything coming close to soggy. I shovel in cereal with milk faster than an Army recruit, and I can't watch people dipping cookies in milk--gag. And I must say that I highly prefer eating with a fork than using a spoon. Only applesauce with a fork, please. Or, ice cream by itself with a spoon, but if you add cake or pie, then only a fork!
- I went to an all girls high school.
- I met my husband at our college coffee house (this was the early 90's people, and alterna-grunge was it) when his band played. My friend was dating his roommate, and introduced us. The friend and roommate broke up the next day. But my future hubby sent a vax/e-mail (again dating myself because this was before everyone was using the internet!) saying thanks for coming to watch them play. I asked if he was the one with the green hair. He said, "Yes" :) and a friendship then courship ensued. Ahh, romance!
- I firmly believe that common sense isn't as common as it should be!
- I love to garden. Hated it as a kid. Gardening isn't much fun when all you're allowed to do is pull thousands of maple tree volunteers and weed. I only got into gardening when hubby and I re-hardscaped and re-landscaped at our first house. I liked the design aspect, and doing all of the work ourselves was really satisfying. From there I got into flowers, learning a LOT from plant/seed catalogs. Now I LOVE to garden, and have turned a backyard of only dirt into one that looks pretty!
- I am scared. to. death. of worms! Snakes can be draped on me, no problem. Just. not. worms!
- Before I was a mom, I worked for optometrists in 3 different states. I was a technician/clinic manager depending on the office. I really enjoyed doing that!
- I have Celiac Disease. An auto-immune disease where your body attacks the small intestine when you eat gluten (a protein found in wheat, barley, rye, & oats). I eat gluten-free, and I believe we all have to be a firm advocate for our own health.
- I once played Shelby in my high-school production of "Steel Magnolias"!
- I have a thing for magazines! My hubby says if it has the words: Country, Living, Home, or Southern somewhere in the title I'm probably a subscriber! Hehehe!!
Well, there ya go! 10 things you might not ever have cared to know but just got put into your brain anyhoo!! LOL I'm planning to take my computer with me on my trip, and I'll do my best to get some posts out there for you. Pray we are all safe and healthy--we really need it!--and have a Fabulous Friday!!!!!!
Sally...er, Stacey :)