Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Easy Accent Table Makeover


Here is a super easy project I just did recently! It's an accent table in my library (what we call our living room).

I used a particleboard table, you know the ones...find them most anywhere. But this would work on lots of smaller tables!

And I'm not one to waste good storage space -- this vintage apple basket holds current catalogs!

The fabric I used is actually a drapery panel that I got on SALE at LinensNThings closeout time! Just drape it around the table, and fold over the excess neatly on the top (I didn't want to cut it, cause I might use it in a different way in the future!). I love this, cause it's already hemmed and lined for extra ooomph! This is silk fabric, so I let it puddle slightly at the bottom too!
See the little folds? No problem. Cover them up with your accessories! :) I got the lamp at HomeGoods, and the plant is a FAKE one (that needs serious dusting, I know -- I just pulled it out of storage!) that I just don't care is fake, and the picture is of my girls and my nephew in a Target frame!

I got an even better deal on the lamp because the finial is missing -- betcha never noticed till I pointed it out!

2 lessons there: It never hurts to ask a store manager for an extra discount on "damaged" merchandise,
and stop pointing out all of the faults in your home. Others rarely notice "problems" until you show them! Enjoy what you have and stop apologizing for what you don't!! :)

See? Cute lamp anyway, right? At some point I'll put something there, but it's not a priority!

Ta-daaaa!! And there you have a fabulous looking accent table, at a great price, and with no sewing involved! This is just the kind of project I like! :)

I'm still working on clearing the clutter, my sunroom (which I plan to reveal next week), mistreating lots of windows, and.....
coming up with an amazing giveaway for my soon-to-be 100th post!!!

Have a great day today!!

33 comments:

Shilo said...

Love that fabric, Stacey! Hope you're having a great week!
Shilo

Stacey said...

Love it!! They sell finials at Hobby Lobby.

Our Complete Family said...

You're right...I was gawking over the awesome lamp and didn't even notice the final that vanished! I think you did a great job making a neat little corner in your library hun! GREAT IDEA!!! ~ Les

Nancy Rosalina said...

Great fabric, Stacey!!! Great idea too! Blessings, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I agree with your comment over at Sarah Mae's. Not only was it inappropriate for this gal to contact your husband...it totally disrespected you AND your husband! You are truly blessed to have a husband who put an end to that right away. Mine would have done so also, and for that I am beyond grateful. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

love the table!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Oh - it's so cozy and welcoming, and now off to find out what your drama was...hee hee

Darlene said...

Hi Stacey,
I LOVE your little accent table and LOVE the hidden storage beneath it! That little corner looks fabulous.

I also was looking at all the snow in your last post...I hope you all had a ball playing in it!! What fun!

Christy said...

Very pretty and I love the idea of using the drapery panel. Very smart!

Christy said...

Very pretty and I love the idea of using the drapery panel. Very smart!

Shell in your Pocket said...

So cute..I love that fabric..it is one of my favorites! Just lovely!
-sandy toe

Emily said...

Thats absolutely adorable. So classy!

Sarah Mae said...

It looks great! I never like those tables, but you have changed my mind - I see hope for them now!

:)

Kimba said...

Great accent table! I love that fabric!

And I never would have noticed the missing finial. Did you know that you can get them at Lowes for like 19 cents? They're unfinished and can be painted to match your lamp or shade. I bought a few a while back for some goodwill lamps that were missing them.

Kimba

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Looks great and I didn't even notice the finial. I think I have too much stuffed under my skirted tables...my tablecloths are starting to bulge out! LOL!

~ Sarah

Deb said...

What a great table makeover. I love the silk fabric.

Unknown said...

Fantastic, great job! I love the fabric, and you found some great accessories.

Decor To Adore said...

This is adorable. Hobby Lobby has finials for $2.99. They can also be found at Tuesday Morning for $6.99 but yes, I didn't notice it until you pointed it out. :)

Shannon said...

Absolutely love it! That is my favorite silk fabric and I have it as my dining room drapes. In fact, I'm working on a post that has that fabric in it too. :) I love your little accent table!

Angie said...

Great idea! That fabric is beautiful! Love those little tables and you can put them just about anywhere!

Amber B. said...

Love that fabric and the lamp. I love how you pointed out all the "flaws" and you're right--nobody would ever notice! It looks great!

Lorri said...

Very pretty. Thanks for the tip!
Lorri

Lori said...

Very clever and very cute! I am working on a foyer table similar to that....trying to figure out what kind of cloth I want to drape.

{darlene} said...

Great. Fast. Fun. Imperfectly wonderful.

Darlene

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Very pretty! I love the fabric.

Unknown said...

What a pretty spot! I love that fabric...great idea!

Liz Harrell said...

Very cute! Looks great.

♥B said...

I love it!

I am new to your blog and looking forward to looking around.

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Nice, Stacey! It's beautiful!

Angie said...

I love the fabric on the lamp shade...so pretty! I remember having several of those round tables in our first apartment..and I draped them all with pretty throws so I could hide stuff underneath because the apt was the size of sardine can..lol! Nobody ever knew I had rolls of toilet paper stored in our living room! Haha!

Sit A Spell said...

Love it...the basket under is the best part : ) Saw your snow below! We have about a FOOT and it's in the teens brrr. What kind of pup is Sadie? Is she a Yorkipoo? Thinking of that breed for our next puppy.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That's very cute! I love the fabric of curtain and as you say you can use it for something else one day.

Manuela

Unknown said...

You've made your home just that, homie..I love what you did. I have what you might call early attic and will have to follow your lead and post some photos of my home too. I love the lightness of your home...Blessings dear.