Friday, January 23, 2009

My Junk Drawer Secret

Silverware drawer organizers can be used to organize LOTS of other things in your home.

But my favorite use for them??

Organizing the Junk Drawer!!

You know, the drawer in the kitchen where everything little but necessary gets shoved? The drawer that turns into the Bermuda Triangle -- stuff gets put in there, never to be seen again?!
That jumbled mess of JUNK?!!

Well, no more!! :)

*Ahhhhhhhh* (heavenly angels sing)


Using a silverware organizer helps keep your Junk Drawer neat and under control!
Everything has a place.

I use a section for various keys. One for "office supplies" like pens, pencils, scissors & tape. Another section is used for dry erase markers and chip clips. Ipod & phone charger cords in another. Notepads and a calculator. Emergency flashlights have room in there, too!

It's amazing how much stuff these organizers can hold!

Everything is SO easy to find, and put back when you're done. Even my kids do it right every time, and if you saw the toys strewn upstairs, that's really saying something! LOL!!

Find these drawer organizers most anywhere!
Use them to organize most anything!

In the Kitchen:
Junk Drawer
Large Cooking Utensils & Measuring Spoons
Teas
Spices
Silverware

In the Bathroom:
Toothbrush & Paste
Nail Polish
Makeup
Brush
Hair Clips

In the Family Room:
Hide in TV Cabinet w/ Remotes & TV Guide

In Craft Area:
Buttons
Threads
Glue Gun
Glitters
Scissors
Staple Gun
Scrapbooking Supplies

In the Bedroom:
Jewelry Organizer
In the Nightstand for Paper & Pen,
Glasses, Hold Rings, Wallet for Guys, etc.

There are SO many uses for this inexpensive organizational item!!

What do you think?? If you use any of these ideas, or have any more great ideas, send me a picture & I'll post it on my blog!

25 comments:

southerninspiration said...

I have one just like that in my kitchen, but I desperately need to use one in my bathroom drawer....it IS the bermuda triangle!!
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

This inspires me to do this for our junk drawer. It is out of hand. I'm going to get some drawer organizers tonight!

trash talk said...

The simplest ideas are always the best. Thanks for sharing. Debbie

Lesley said...

my junk drawer is looking extra scary right now...so what a perfect Idea...luckily I have an extra one....just laying around...and I've never thought...thank you soooo much

savvycityfarmer said...

I gotta get SOMETHING going ...maybe i'll start with the junk.

The Masked Mommy said...

I absolutely love this tip! I wish I would have read it before I went shopping yesterday :-) I have an award for you today on my blog. Drop by if you'd like to receive it!

Betsy said...

I do this as well. I hate junk drawers though. Shouldn't there be somewhere else for all that stuff.

Jenny said...

I SOOOOOO need to clean up my junk drawer!! It is a mess!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Oh yes...have those in my junk drawer, but it still looks junky. I know the stuff is supposed to fit in those nice, little organized spots, but it overflows..hmm....it's telling me "too much junk."

Kristen said...

You are a woman after my own heart. I just love all things that neatly store and organize drawers/closets/table tops. Thanks for sharing this simple solution!

Tiffany said...

What a great use for a utensil organizer. I never would have thought of that!

Anonymous said...

how did you know that hubby has been on my all week to clean out our junk drawer. thanks for the idea, now i know what i will do with the drawer. have a wonderful weekend!
~nicole

Margo said...

We use them all over. Up in the bathroom for tooth brushes etc. I have a big thick office desk organizer for my junk drawer, it's very similar to a silverware divider.
Great Tip Stacey.
Margo

View my blog at:
http://robolady.blogspot.com/

Our Complete Family said...

Ah, it's the season of being stuck inside and cleaning, sorting, organizing...I love seeing all of these fun ideas on blogs!
I have one of these in my junk drawer and you're right~ it's amazing! Had not thought of using in a bathroom or jewelry drawer though. You just gave me some more busy work for next week!!! ;)
Happy weekend hun~ Les

Shannon said...

Great ideas!! I have a utensil drawer that is in desperate need of organizing.

Jill said...

I did this a while back for all of my kitchen/bathroom drawers...it makes me happy to open them! :)

Glitter & Bliss said...

Such a great idea!!! I need to find time to do some "behind the scenes" organizing.

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Thanks so much for visiting me! Your blog is great, I'm going to look around some more.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
~Michelle

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

LOL WE have the same silverware! Doesn't it feel great when everything is in its place? :)

Free Art Printables said...

I am impressed your drawers are so organized!

Unknown said...

you know I use these, but my "junk drawers" still don't look that organized. I think it's the user...me.

Angie said...

I think you are too smart! What a great idea to use these in so many other places in the house!!!

Kasey said...

great ideas!!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What a good idea!

Manuela

Elle Jay Bee said...

I love this idea! I have one in use in my junk drawer, too, but it somehow ends up overflowing anyway. Any ideas for that??

Love your little table makeover, by the way!

Linda