Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year, Indeed!


Happy New Year!!!

I don't know about you, but I've never been one to get all excited about New Year's, or to make New Year's Resolutions. Well, my New Year's Eve wouldn't be counted as the hottest party of the year unless you were 6 & 7 and liked "Shrek the 3rd" (NOT, my daughter reminds me emphatically "Shrek 3", since I always say it wrong!). We had offers to go out, but we honestly have the most fun as a family, so that's what we did....movie, popcorn, dinner in the family room, and a decent bedtime for the kiddos. Hubby and I rang in the New Year by flipping between a teary movie about cancer treatment advances and "3rd Rock from the Sun", then switching to see Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve just in time to see the ball drop. Talk about schitzophrenic!! But we had fun anyway :)! What did you do??

Like I said, I've never made New Year's Resolutions before. But this year I feel differently. I don't know if I'd call them "resolutions" or not...maybe just life changes...but the need and the desire for change is there, and this is the perfect time to act on it!!

I am really desiring to have 2009 be a year of Peacefulness and Purpose for me. One where my home reflects warmth, joy and sense of calm. One where I have more constructive purpose to my daily routine. Not just for my family, but for my community and for things that I personally enjoy. A year of healthy changes for my tired body. And one that continues to grow with the Lord.

Do you feel similarly?? Do you desire some positive changes? I'm honestly not sure how drastic or slight all of these changes will be for me. I imagine that some will just involve short projects to achieve the desired result, and others will need to be daily challenges to maintain a more important "goal". I sure hope that you'll join me as I share with you in this journey! I'll be starting this week :).

Of course, The Blessed Nest will still be sharing ideas about:
Creating a Welcoming Home, Decorating, Budgeting, fun Projects using junk and things you might have, and much more!!!

So, 2009 is already gearing up to be a good one! Happy New Year dear friends! Happy New Year!!!

18 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

May your new year be full of possibilities!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Now - I am going back to read your post - I wanted to be first and just missed it...bummer. I am picturing your sitting behind your cute, little computer right now since I know you just published this. Can't wait to share 2009 with you, and see all the amazing ways the Lord uses your passions and talents to encourage others in blogland. :)

Lorri said...

I have the same thoughts. I need a year of purpose. A year to enjoy every breathing moment of my life. Not looking for what is coming ,but enjoying what is already here.
Happy 2009

Christy said...

Happy New Year!

I am with you about having this year being one of purpose peacefulness. I look forward to reading your posts this year as well as seeing all the creative things you do.

Blessings!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Great thoughts today! Happy New Year to you too!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to you and your family in 2009. I love reading your blog and I can't wait to see whats in store this year.

Jenny said...

I like this idea..a Year of Purpose! This might have to be my motto. Purposeful eating, exercising, maintaining friendships and family relationships...Yup! Really liking this motto!! Merry Happy New Year!!

Stacey said...

I do think many of us are feeling the same way. The world is feeling a little out of control these days. I just want to take better care of my family and love on people.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Looking forward to what you share from your heart and your home!
-sandy toes

Samantha said...

Happy New Year! I'm seeking sanctuary in 2009--in my home, personally, in my relationships, etc. So I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to share with us. Thank you for sharing your talents through your blog and inspring us!

Shilo said...

Happy 2009, Stacey! Thanks for being a courageous woman of faith!
Blessings,
Shilo

savvycityfarmer said...

This basically says it all....my first visit here.

Can we be friends...


come on over for more inspiration....i'm adding myself to your followers

Margo said...

Happy New Year Stacey, I was wondering what had happened to you. You didn't post for awhile there, and I was getting worried. I was actually ready to call out the rescue squad, to see what had happened.
Have a good one.
Margo

Denise K. said...

Just stopping by to wish you a wonderful new year in 2009! May it be filled with good health, happiness, and peace! With love from Colorado, Denise

Shannon said...

Happy New Year! I can't wait to share 2009 with you!

Stacey said...

Glad to have you back from your blog vacation! I'm looking forward to your new posts on "home philosophy"...
I'm so glad you like to snack sets. The fun bed spring craft is sitting on our couch end table with fun blue and pink candy canes!
I'd love to have you over sometime to see my house. My little collections are bits and pieces of me & I'd like to share them with you:) Would you be able to visit for tea or coffee the week of the 19th sometime? Around 11 or so?
I'd also really like to see your home as well. I see the blog pictures but would love to get the bigger picture (I know I'm inviting myself, but I hope that's OK:)hehe)...
And by the way, I always use too many exclamation marks. It's a disease.
Talk to you soon!

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

Same thoughts. I also have a desire for some positive changes in my life. Okay, forget desire, I NEED changes. I have set a few goals and plan to work hard to achieve them within the coming months.

P.S. You have a beautiful blog. I enjoyed my visit very much. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Elizabeth

RosyRose said...

We did the same thing you did! We stayed home with the kids! Our oldest kid won't be staying home much longer on New Years eve because the "youth group" is looming close! We thot it would be a good year for it and we LOVED it!
Thanks for your comment! Indiana is a great place to grow up isn't it?!