Another idea is to put it by the door to catch keys and mail!
I love this photo/idea! The scale is by the bathtub, holding a towel, fragrant soaps, and seashells!
And this is what I usually use it for! In the kitchen next to the sink, holding scale weights and paper towels! I've used it this way for several years, and just love the vintage touch it gives my kitchen! It also goes well in the kitchen with my other old scales. But maybe it's time for a change?! I'm really lovin' the bath idea!
Other ideas for using vintage scales (of any size) are:
- chips on one side, bowl of dip on the other
- put a pretty plate on top to catch jewelry
- hold a few favorite books
- use when entertaining to hold plates, & jar w/ silverware
- present a delicious dessert on top (use like a cake stand)
- drape a lace handkerchief over & place a framed photo on
- candy dish
- place few pillar candles on
- plant holder
see what else you can come up with!!!
Leave a comment to let me know what YOU do with vintage scales!