...I'm Thankful For Today!
2) Our new house. It's smaller than our last house, but it fits all of our family's needs just fine! Plus, there's less to clean with a smaller house! I am really having fun dreaming of how I'll be decorating each room here!!
3) The rain. Coming from North Carolina where we had to deal with drought and water shortages the past couple of years, it's nice to enjoy the soft rain showers here in the Midwest! Green grass is such a blessing!
4) The girls' new school. We visited their new school on Tuesday, and they are so excited to go there in the fall! We also feel blessed that they will be getting a Christian education and that the Lord provided the resources for this to happen!
5) My lists. I am a serious list maker! I have several notebooks and lists going, and without my trusty list to refer to I'm sure I'd forget 90% of what was in my head to begin with! :) So since I feel extra scatter-brained right now, I am thankful for my lovely, wonderful lists!
6) My "stuff". Believe it or not, I am thankful for my "stuff" right now! I have furniture enough for the time being to furnish our entire house (another benefit to downsizing!), and what "stuff" is left over will be sold and the money go toward any new improvements we might make.
7) Green plants. I have 2 plants (a fern and a peace lily plant) that survived the move here and I love seeing them in my home! Plants really add some "life" to a room!
8) Chapter books. I've been reading a book series to my girls, a little every afternoon after lunch. Even though the girls are old enough to read these books on their own, I love getting to snuggle them on the couch as we read together and enjoy the story! Hopefully they will remember these times as fondly as I know I will!
9) Friends! I have loved getting to see friends both old and new during these past few weeks!! What a blessing a good friend is! :) I am also thankful for all of the friends that I have in YOU! I have truly found the blogging community to be a supportive, caring, & fun group of people and I feel honored to call you "Friend"!
10) Ice Cream :)! Seriously, what could be better on a summer day? Or evening? Or any day of the year for that matter?!! Hehe! Ice cream makes anything better, right? I am especially partial to DQ's Snickers Blizzards lately--Yum!! And I'm thankful that there are 2 DQ's here in town for me to be a frequent customer at!
What Are You Thankful For Today?!