Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Roses Are Red

My Hubby has been SO sweet lately!!
We took our kids to a Fall Fest at our local county park last Saturday.
It was grey and very chilly, but the girls loved getting their faces painted, making crafts and carving the pumpkins they had there :).
My Hubby turned to me with a smile and said, "This weather reminds me of another chilly October evening exactly 12 years ago!".
I had no idea what he was talking about, but I tried to guess, "Oh, were we carving pumpkins? Oh, I know, it was our Pick-a-Date!!" I had no clue, and was trying to keep guessing.
Luckily, Hubby just smiled and reminded me, after which I felt like a dolt and thought my Hubby the most romantic man on the face of the planet,
"Exactly 12 years ago, right about now, I asked you to marry me!!".
He may not remember what I asked him to do 30 seconds ago, but boy-oh-boy does my guy get the good stuff right!

(The reason the weather should have been a tip off is because he planned an outdoor Italian meal/picnic of sorts for us and it was FREEZING! I, of course, didn't wear a coat. He, of course, did and couldn't offer it to me because the ring was inside! :)
Then, yesterday while Hubby was on a business trip arrived the most beautiful red roses!!
With an I Miss You card. *sigh*
I love this man!
Have a wonderful, blessed day!!! (Hopefully--my oldest is battling a stomach bug--please pray!! I worry horribly about her every time she's sick like this. That's another post for another time, but it's serious. So I'd really appreciate your prayers for my Sweet Girl!) I'll be back tomm. to talk about our "Dollars and Sense" series some more! :)
PS--{If you haven't seen the movie "Fireproof" yet, I highly recommend it! Click on the button on my sidebar to see a preview and learn more about it!}

26 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh...my heart just melted...what a great guy...such a blessing! I saw Fireproof...what a great movie...tear jerker!!

I mentioned you in my blog today! You will not be very proud of me and my shopping habits:(!
-Sandy toes

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie and what a great story to remember.

I talked my husband into seeing fireproof and he liked it as much as I did. Great Movie!

I hope your daughter feels better.

Shanda said...

What an awesome husband!! We went to Fireproof on opening night and loved it! My husband wants to go again.

I prayed for your daughter to heal quickly and that it would not end up serious but just a quick bug! We have had our share of health issues in our household!

Thanks for visiting my blog and giving me your "traveling spouse tips!"

Shanda said...

I would be SO HONORED if you added me to your blog list - thank you!!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Oh - your husband rocks, and I am sure he ordered those roses from one of the discount floral wholesale dealers...hee hee.
Thanks for sharing! They're gorgeous.

edie said...

What a great guy and my prayers are with your daughter.

Stacey said...

One of the best things about being married a few years is remembering back on sweet times like that. And when I remember that my husband has that romantic streak it just makes me love him more and more.

I will be sending up prayers for your daughter and you!!

Heather said...

aww...I think you got a keeper!

Betsy said...

What a great husband! My hubby always remembers when we got engaged and our first kiss....I am always too busy to remember. I need to SLOW down. Your flowers are beautiful and I am certain, much deserved.

Stacey said...

I will def be praying for you and your daughter. It's always good to keep in mind "this too shall pass." And what a lovely rose image... I was truly blessed just visiting your blog today. Could you also please pray for me? I suffer from anxiety and depression (for about 5 years now) and right now is good but not where I'd like to be:)

Lindsey said...

I am so glad I found your blog, it's too cute!

BlueCastle said...

Oh what a man. :)

Congratulations on 12 years together. Well, at least since you were engaged. :)

Beautiful roses.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

How sweet--a good husband is truly the best blessing-it makes all of life so much better!

Sweet Simplicity said...

What a sweetheart! I love hearing other peoples engagement stories! My husby had the ring in his jacket too. He actually gave it to me to wear and I asked what was in his pocket. He said it was his cell phone and I bought it!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

How wonderful. :) Your post just made me smile. I will definatly be keeping your daughter in my prayers. -Mandi

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Stacey, what a sweet thing for your hubby to say & do. They do come through for us, don't they?! Loved Fireproof, great movie.

Glitter & Bliss said...

What a sweet hubby you have. That is so wonderful!!! Also, I scanned down and saw your beautiful brown transferware collection.... I love it!!!
Leslie

Jenny said...

Wow!! Can your hubby talk to my hubby??? hahaha! Lucky lady you!

Margo said...

That is so sweet.
Margo

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Aw, that is beyond precious!

And so sorry to hear about your daughter's bug. Stomach bugs are so horrid, you feel so badly for them being so sick. Praying for her right now.

Blessings,
Melissa

Sarah Mae said...

That is so sweet! We so easily underestimate our husbands!

Rue said...

Hi Stacey :)

What a sweetie pie! My husband remembers that kind of stuff too, but I (and this sounds awful) always have to have it on the calendar.

I hope your daughter feels better.

Beautiful roses!

rue

Liz Harrell said...

How sweet is he?! And by the way, in you sidebar pic you look like Amy Adams! :)

Melissa Lester said...

That is so sweet! What a neat moment to look back on. How wonderful that he remembered and made it special again this year.

Our Bible class went to see "Fireproof" last weekend, but we weren't able to make it. I really wanted to go, so I hope we can work it out. I visited the link on your sidebar. I have heard from so many people that it is so good!

Shell in your Pocket said...

I have something for you!

The Djulus Family said...

I just found your blog through SITS. Your hubby sounds like a wonderful man! BTW, my hubby and I saw Fireproof last night... WOW! Amazing movie! I wish there were more movies like this in mainstream theaters and on TV.